MENTAL HEALTH CASES SKY-ROCKET SINCE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
What can you do to help yourself?
First of all, You must acknowledge that the virus touched everyone on planet Earth.
The Mental Health Community is unable to address the increased volume of mental ailments caused by the Pandemic, at least in the near future.
PTSD symptoms such as depression, anger, high anxiety & others have increased, causing more suicides, as well.
Since not enough help is available by the Mental Health Communities, I recommend we take 3 simple steps ourselves to prevent these mental, emotional, or spiritual health issues from taking root in our bodies.
Here are 3 healing steps which worked in my PTSD Recovery:
The moment negative feelings come up, share and express them. “Revealing is healing” is a mental health motto.
Choose someone you trust. It can be a family member or close friend. Even though one may have Covid-19 or even perceive the Pandemic from a distance, all of us experience some trauma symptoms.
In case you have no one to talk to start a FEELING JOURNAL right away.
For example, start writing, “Today, when I saw a young nurse, mother of three, pass on to the other side from the Virus, I was filled with sadness.” You may have actually had tears rolling down your cheeks or were choking on them.
Write down how that felt.
- Did it remind you of the loss of someone in your family?
- Or were you feeling fear of your own death.
- How terrible for you.
- You must acknowledge every detail.
This is my favorite method.
Another approach is to have a dialogue with your Inner Self to acknowledge that your event was traumatic for you.
- “Dear ____,(use your name) you had a good reason to be upset.”
Pause a moment. Let the feelings come up.
Feel your feelings.
You may hear an Inner Voice Answer.
WRITE IT DOWN.
- The inner voice may be saying something like, “WOW. I am glad I am recognizing this upset. I feel relief and not so upset anymore. Thanks.”
- Write as much as you like, then stop.
See how you feel the next day.
Make another short “How I AM FEELING RIGHT NOW” journal entry.
- Keep doing this until the event isn’t getting you down anymore.
- Try rating the pain each day. I usually rate the pain from 1-10, 10 being the highest.
When the number is lowered to 1, we have been successful with our self-healing.
OTHER PTSD SYMPTOMS
- We often project our anger at others when we don’t do our feeling work.
(I was accused of being a “snapping turtle” years ago before counseling.)
- We may also be triggered to remember specific childhood maltreatment.
Again, these issues can be released by repeating Step1,2, or 3. Most issues can be healed with this process.
THE STEPS MUST BE DONE IMMEDIATELY as soon as you become aware of them.
This allows you to start healing your painful wounds sooner than later and you will be much happier in the future.
If you wish to have a conversation with me, please contact me. Start with an email. Bettina [@] BettinaSparkles.com